Let’s see, how to rotate text in excel. Microsoft Excel has a very interesting formatting support that lets you change the way you want to show your data. You can align your data which is provided in cell(s) of excel file. It can be aligned in all possible directions in 2-Dimensions form. It provides options like Angle Counterclockwise, Angle clockwise, Vertical text, Rotate text up, Rotate text down, Format cell alignment. This article will help you, how to rotate text in excel.
Do you have idea of such functionality to rotate text in excel? No problem, by the end of this article, you will understand this feature of Microsoft Excel very well.
Let’s take a very simple example with records of sport event participants from various schools. Student’s records are available with following columns:
Now, let’s start formatting of data based on below criteria(s):
Rotate text in excel in a row or column
- Select complete row or column by clicking on number mentioned on left side or alphabets mentioned on top i.e. A, B, C etc.
- Now, select orientation tool under Alignment in ribbon. Refer an screenshot below.
- Now, select any of the required option as per your need. For example, I’ve selected Angle Counterclockwise.
- If you want, you can group same school name in a single cell. To do this, select three cells with common school name and select Merge and Center in ribbon.
- Now, again select cell containing “BBPS School” and click Middle Alignment tool
- Finally, it will change to as below:
Rotate text in excel within a cell
Similarly, you can select any single cell instead of selecting entire row or column and perform above mentioned steps to see effects within cell .
Like, Subscribe & Share!
THREE QUERIES is SharePoint, front-end, back end web technologies and project management resource that helps developers, artchitect and managers at all levels to improve their performance. We provide an important knowledge base for those involved in managing, architecture and developing projects of all kinds. With weekly exclusive updates, we keep you in touch with the latest SharePoint, front-end, back end web technologies and project management thinking.
WE ARE CONNECTED ~ Follow us on social media to get regular updates and opinion on what's happening in the world of SharePoint, front-end, back end web technologies and project management. If you like this article, please share it and follow us at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn