Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 is the latest SharePoint on-premise version as on date. There are various installation scenarios, you must have sufficient hard disk space for the base installation and sufficient space for diagnostics such as logging, debugging, creating memory dumps, and so on. In this blog post, you will find details about SharePoint Server 2019 – hardware and software requirements for a development environment.
SharePoint Server 2019
Regarding SharePoint Server 2019, there are below hardware and software requirements for development environment.
Min Role as Single server role that uses SQL Server
Development or evaluation installation of SharePoint Server 2019 with the minimum recommended services for development environments.
- RAM: 24 GB
- Processor: 64-bit, 4 cores
- Hard disk space: 80 GB for system drive, 100 GB for second drive
- Windows Server 2019 Standard or Datacenter
- SQL Server 2019
- Visual Studio 2019 Professional or Enterprise
- Microsoft Azure SQL Managed Instance (MI). This is only supported if your SharePoint Server farm is hosted in Microsoft Azure.
SharePoint Products Preparation Tool (Note: These will be installed at the time of SharePoint installation)
- Web Server (IIS) role
- Windows Process Activation Service feature
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.7.2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 4 Native Client
- Microsoft WCF Data Services 5.6
- Microsoft Identity Extensions
- Microsoft Information Protection and Control Client 2.1 (MSIPC)
- Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 SP1 (x64)
- Windows Server AppFabric 1.1
- Cumulative Update Package 7 for Microsoft AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server (KB 3092423)
- Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2012
- Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2017
- Obviously Internet availability on SharePoint Server
THREE QUERIES offers easy access to information about SharePoint and associated technologies, project management, agile and scrum methodologies that helps developers, administrators, architects, technical managers, business analysts and end users. It has grown from there. We provide an important knowledge base for those involved in managing, architecture and developing software projects of all kinds. With weekly/daily exclusive updates, we keep you in touch with the latest business, management, technology thinking.
WE ARE CONNECTED ~ Follow us on social media to get regular updates and opinion on what's happening in the world of SharePoint, front-end, back end web technologies and project management. If you like this article, please share it and follow us at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn