I was performing hands-on on Microsoft Azure Active Directory Services and decided to share few key points among all of us. Just by reading below mentioned points we can get an idea about Azure AD and its capabilities.
1. To access Azure Active Directory, we need to signup Office 365. Then we can find Active Directory option under Azure Web Apps available in Azure Dashboard.
2. We can create user and groups.
3. If we want to synchronized on-premises Windows Domain Active Directory, we need Azure Active Directory Connector.
4. Azure Active Directory can be used using Application Proxy for Single Sign On among
4.1. External 2600 SaaS Globally available public applications e.g. twitter, linkedIn
4.2. Other Office 365 applications including SharePoint Online
4.3. On-Premises publically available applications
5. There is a provision of mapping permissions for users to use assigned applications.
6. We can enable Multi-factor authentication for users for high security.
7. It helps in automatic profile provisioning and OAuth based authentication using Office 365 identities.
8. Identity is important for your identification and for your mobility on work. it also helps to track if you are attacked.
9. Few components in Windows AD and Azure AD are
9.1. For Emails : Exchange in Windows AD / Office 365 in Azure AD
9.2. For Management : Group Policy in Windows AD / EMS in Azure AD
10. There is question, Can we use Azure AD to login into any device like desktop PC or mobile?
Answer: Yes, We need to register our device for management with EMS, It registers our device with Azure AD which is modern domain join. Then EMS and In tune start to apply various policy to the device and Azure AD premium starts to apply all the policies to the user’s identity.
11. Azure AD is doing more than 18 billion authentication / week.
12. 100% Saas architecture is followed in Azure Active Directory & all EMS components.
13. Cloud App Discovery is to track and generate reporting e.g. list of Saas Apps, how many users are using apps & how much they are using data wise & many more…
14. Everything is being logged.
Thank you for reading!
If you liked this post, please like, share and follow Three Queries…