Microsoft Excel has a very interesting formatting support that lets you change the way you want to show your data. You can align your data which is provided in cell(s) of excel file. It can be aligned in all possible directions in 2-Dimensions form. It provides options like Angle Counterclockwise, Angle clockwise, Vertical text, Rotate text up, Rotate text down, Format cell alignment. This article will help you, how to rotate text in excel.
Do you have idea of such functionality? No problem, by the end of this article, you will understand this feature of Microsoft Excel very well.
Let’s take a very simple example with records of sport event participants from various schools. Student’s records are available with following columns:
Now, let’s start formatting of data based on below criteria(s):
Rotate text in a row or column
- Select complete row or column by clicking on number mentioned on left side or alphabets mentioned on top i.e. A, B, C etc.
- Now, select orientation tool under Alignment in ribbon. Refer an screenshot below.
- Now, select any of the required option as per your need. For example, I’ve selected Angle Counterclockwise.
- If you want, you can group same school name in a single cell. To do this, select three cells with common school name and select Merge and Center in ribbon.
- Now, again select cell containing “BBPS School” and click Middle Alignment tool
- Finally, it will change to as below:
Rotate text in a cell
Similarly, you can select any single cell instead of selecting entire row or column and perform above mentioned steps to see effects within cell .
Like, Subscribe & Share!